CANCER AWARENESS PROGRAMME AND DISTRICT LEVEL INAUGURATION OF CAP @ CAMPUS ORGANISED BY NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME, SANATHANA DHARMA COLLEGE, ALAPPUZHA
National Service Scheme S.D. College Alappuzha organised cancer awareness programme and district level inauguration of CAP @ Campus on 26-08-2016. A cancer awareness class was rendered by Dr. V.P Gangadharan who is a highly renowned and venerated oncologist. He discussed in detail through the lecture and interactive sessions about the spread of cancer diseases, its causes and effects and how to guard against oneself from it. Several participants including faculty and students from various colleges in and around Alappuzha expressed happiness about the scheme of the programme and the fine arrangements.
CAP @ Campus is an initiative taken up by Sargakshetra, Changanassery, Cochin Cancer Care Society, Deepika News paper and Melam Charity Foundation towards providing cancer awareness programmes at various centres, the official district level inauguration of which was organised in SD College Alappuzha under the ostentatious banner of National Service Scheme SD College. The inauguration was done by the Honourable PWD Minister Sri. G. Sudhakaran. The programme was presided by Sri. J. Krishnan (Manager, SD College). The Welcome Address was delivered by Dr. S. Nataraja Iyer(Principal S.D. College). Father Boby Alex Mannamplakkal ( Chief Editor Deepika Newspaper) gave the Key Note Address. A content – rich project presentation about Cap @ Campus was done by Father Alex Prayikulam CMI (Director Sarkshetra Changanassery). Financial assistance to cancer patients and Wig Donation Ceremony was inaugurated by Dr. Jubily Navaprabha (Vice – Principal, S.D. College Alappuzha). Felicitations were delivered by Sri. Narayanan Potti (Secretary Cochin Cancer Care Society), Dr. P. Sunilkumar (Senate Member, Kerala University), Dr. T.R. Anilkumar (Former NSS Programme Officer S.D. College Alappuzha) and Dr. S. Ajaykumar (PTA President, S.D. College Alappuzha). The Vote of Thanks was rendered by Vineeth Chandra K.S. (NSS Programme Officer, SD college Alappuzha).
Excerpts of the Programme
- District level inauguration of CAP @ Campus by Sri. G.Sudhakaran (Hon. PWD Minister of Kerala)
- Cancer Awareness Class by Dr. V.P Gangadharan (Oncologist)
- Hair was donated by NSS volunteers. Out of the 40 students who registered for hair donation, 10 students donated their hair instantly.
- Rs. 20,000/- collected from various sources were also donated to cancer patients.
- Two wigs were donated to cancer patients (One wig costs around Rs. 4000/-)
- Adopted Kainakiry Panchayath (for serving the cancer patients of that place).
- Teaser on a documentary film on cancer was showed which was inaugurated by Father Boby Alex Mannamplakkal ( Chief Editor Deepika Newspaper)
— By Vineeth Chandra K.S, NSS Programme Officer, SD College, Alappuzha