Samagra Shiksha – Kerala – 2018-19
SASTHRAPADHAM Programme (Alappuzha District)
VENUE : SANATANA DHARMA COLLEGE, Alappuzha
Creation of an investigative mind in students is an integral part to learn Science. Spirit of enquiry and scientific temper are the important components to achieve this goal. With this objective a 3 day residential camp – ‘Sastrapadam’- for Plus-One students (First Year Higher Secondary students) has been organized in all districts under the aegis of Kerala State Higher Secondary Board and Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) Kerala. In each district, 100 students (50 students/batch) will be selected to participate in this programme. S.D College is identified as one of the centres to conduct this programme in Alappuzha district from 26/01/2019 to 28/01/2019 and will be funded by SSA.
- To enhance the scientific temper in students.
- To realize the importance of inquiry-based learning.
- To disseminate scientific education about the current issues of science and technology amongst the students and public.
- Popular science talks
- Familiarization of popular science experiments.
- Project presentation
- Interaction with scientists
- Nature study
- R&D visit
- Group discussion