Worked as Lecturer (Temporary) for two years and three months - Regional Institute of Education (NCERT), Mysore, before joining here, S.D. College, Alappzha as Lecturer in History in January 1996. Now working as Associate Professor in History. Total Experience 20 Years and 6 Months.
Urban History and Economic History
1. “Housing Problem in the Colonial City of Madras, 1871-1930”, Proceedings
Volume of the Seventeenth Annual Session of the South Indian History
Congress, Andhra University, Waltair, 1997.
2. “Migration and Urban Development in the Colonial City of Madras, 1850 -1900”,
Journal of Indian History, Vols. LXXVI-LXXVIII, University of Kerala,
Thiruvananthapuram, 1997-1999, pp. 101-110.
3. “Town Planning in the Colonial City of Madras, 1900 – 1930”, Journal of Indian
History, Vol. LXXXV, Parts 1-3, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, April,
August, December 2006, pp. 165 -174.
4. “Population Growth and Urban Development in the Colonial City of Madras,
1871 -1947”, Quest Historica (A Journal of History), Vol. VII, No. 2, October
2009, Rajapalayam, pp. 16-29.
5. “Urbanism and Urban Development in the Colonial City of Madras, 1900- 1947”,
South Indian History Congress, XXXII Annual Session, Department of Indian
History, University of Madras, Chennai, 2-5 Feb. 2012.
6. “Resistance against Domination: Upper Cloth Revolt in South Travancore”,
International Journal of Social Science and Humanities, Vol. I, Issue 1,
March-Aug. 2014, pp. 32-38.
7. ‘Push’ and ‘Push’ Factors in Urbanization: Exploring Colonial Chennai,
1871-1900, Sectional President’s Address : South Indian History Congress
XXXVI Annual Session, Pondicherrry, 4th – 6th March 2016.
8. “Migration of Telugus to Madurai during the Vijayanagara Period – A
Study” – Under Print (Journal).
9. Contributed a Chapter for a Book – The book will be Published on 30th July
2016 from Ongole, Andhra Pradesh.
Title of the Chapter - Industrialization and Urbanization in the Colonial
City of Chennai (1871-1947), Meena Publication, New Delhi, 2016.
Completed one and Doing one
Completed: Urbanization and Industrial Development
in the city of Coimbatore (1850-1900)
Doing: Urbanization and Industrial Development in the
city of Madurai (1850-1947)
(Project Commenced from 1st Feb. 2015 )
1. Member - P.G. Board of Studies in History, Sri Sankara University, Kalady, 2008-2012.
2. Member -Board of Studies in History (Pass), University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram - Since April 2011 to till date.
3. Member- Peer Review Board - International Journal of Social Science - Since December 2013 to till date.
4. Served as NSS Programme Office for four years, S.D. College Alappuzha.