I completed my Masters degree at University College, Trivandrum, under University of Kerala. Now I am pursuing Ph D from Department of Physics, University of Kerala, Kariavattom. My research area is solar wind plasma interactions on planetary bodies.
Space Physics, Electronics, Mathematical Physics, Classical Mechanics and Numerical Analysis
• “Spectroscopic Measurements on Lunar Regolith”, National Seminar on Photonic materials during 26-28 February 2009 organized by Department of Optoelectronics, University of Kerala, Kariavattom.
• “Lunar surface charging – A study using Lunar Prospector data”, 97th Indian Science Congress held at University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram , from January 3 to 7, 2010.
• “A Study on Lunar dust – Plasma environment and its Impact”, 16th National Space Science Symposium 2010, held at Saurashtra University, Rajkot, during February 24-27, 2010.
• “A Study on Electrostatic transport of Lunar dust grains”, National Seminar on the Potential role of Atmospheric Aerosols in inducing Climatic changes- 2010 held at Sir Syed College , Taliparamba, on 16th and 17th March 2010.
• “ A Study on Dust Dynamics due to Terminator near Surface Electric field on the Lunar Surface”, National Seminar on Recent Trends in Space Physics, at Department of Physics, University of Kerala, Kariavattom on 30th May 2011.
• “ Modelling of Lunar Surface Potential and Electric Field during Extreme Lunar Surface Charging”, National Seminar, AGSAR ( Advances in Geophysics, Space and Atmospheric Research) 2014, held at Chengannur Christian College during March 13-14, 2014.
• “ IMF-geomagnetic field coupling loss and Earthquakes”, National Seminar, AGSAR ( Advances in Geophysics, Space and Atmospheric Research) 2014, held at Chengannur Christian College during March 13-14, 2014.
• “ Plasma electron temperature variability in lunar dust charging on wake region and its impact on space missions.”, 27th Kerala Science Congress, Earth and Space Sciences, held at Alappuzha during January 27- 29, 2015.
• “Fourier analysis and its applications”, (Resource person), National seminar on Recent Trends in Analysis, Topology and its applications, Department of Mathematics, SD College and Kerala Mathematical Association, at SD College, during March 18-20, 2015.
• Attended the Invited lecture on ‘30 years of healing the Ozone together’ held in connection with Ozone day celebration, Department of Zoology, sponsored by KSCSTE, 17th September 2015.
• Participated in National seminar on Nanochemistry – Techniques, Advancement and Applications, organized by Department of Chemistry, SD College in association with Academy of Chemistry Teachers (ACT), Thiruvananthapuram, at SD College, on 16th October 2015.
• “New age careers for today’s aspiring generation”, Symposium on Higher Education, organized by Kerala Higher Education Commission (AKPCTA), at SD College, Alappuzha on December 12, 2015.
• “Charging Theory of Isolated Dust Grains on Lunar Surface”, 28th Kerala Science Congress, Earth and Space Sciences, held at Calicut University campus, Malappuram during January 28- 30, 2016.
• “SEP events and Wake region Lunar dust charging with grain radii”, 19th National Space Science Symposium 2016, held at Space Physics Laboratory,VSSC,Thiruvananthapuram during February 09-12, 2016.
• “Plasma Field Environment around the Moon”, International seminar on Space Science & Technology at NSS Hindu College, Changanacherry, Kottayam, India, on 12th and 13th October 2010.
• “ A study on dust dynamics on lunar surface under different plasma conditions encountered by the Moon.”, The International Conference on Plasma & Nanotechnology, Plasma 2014, held at Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India, from 8-11 December 2014.
• Attended a workshop on “Advanced Internet Search and e-learning Methods” held on 27 June 2009 at YMCA Library and e-Learning Centre.
• Participated in the Three day workshop on “General Informatics”, sponsored by the Kerala State Higher Education Council at Sanatana Dharma College during September 22 – 24, 2011.
• Attended the One day Faculty Development Programme on Teaching Learning Methodologies, jointly organized by Teaching Learning centre, IIT Madras and SD College, Alappuzha, held at SD College on 15th October 2015.
• A study on dynamics of lunar dust grains using lunar prospector spacecraft, space studies of the earth-moon system, 39th Cospar scientific assembly, Mysore, July14-22, 2012.
• Plasma electron temperature variability in lunar surface potentials and in electric field under average solar wind conditions, Advances in space research, 51 1622–1626 ,2013.
• Knee behavior in latitude profile of geomagnetically induced currents, space weather. AGU, 2015 (in press).
• Transition of accretion flow from Keplerian phase to advective phase as dynamical system, Monthly Notices of Royal Astronomical Society, 452, 3346–3356, 2015.
• SEP events and wake region lunar dust charging with grain radii, Advances in space research, 2016. (under revision)
One Minor Research Project entitled “Modeling of charged dust environment around the moon and a study on its impact on space missions”
Consultancy: Project guidance for M Sc students
Initiatives: Organised science exhibition in connection with National Science Day (2012,2013 and 2016)
Served as Staff Club Secretary during 2014-15.