Dr. Manjumol K. A.
Dr. Manjumol K. A.
Currently working as Assistant Professor in Department of Chemistry, SD College, Alappuzha.
- Worked as Guest faculty in Chemistry from June 2018- to September 2018 at St.Thomas College , Kozhencherry.
- Worked as Guest faculty in Chemistry from June 2017- to March 2018 at MarThoma College Tiruvalla.
- Worked as Assistant Professor in Chemistry [Contract basis] in College of Engineering Aranmula,Co-operative academy, from August 2014 to June2015.
- Delivered a course lecture on “Non crystalline ceramic materials: structure and structural requirements for stability, mode of formation silicates and non silicate glasses and their applications” for the IVth semester MSc (Materials Science) students of the school of chemistry, payyannur campus, Kannur University
Awards and honors:
- CSIR-Senior Research Fellowship qualified in 2011.
- Won Best poster award in “76th Annual Session of The Indian Ceramic Society. (ICS), January, 2013
- Eight years of research experience (from July 2006- June 2014)
- Working as Senior Research Fellow from April 2011 to June 2014 under the guidance of Dr. K. G. K. Warrier in NIIST (CSIR), Thiruvananthapuram.
- Worked as Project Assistant grade II, from June 2006 to March 2011 under the guidance of Dr. K. G. K. Warrier in NIIST, Thiruvananthapuram
Papers Published In International Journals
- K.A Manjumol, S Sankar, BN Nair, M Midhun, PA Mohamed, KGK Warrier, A novel approach to formulate high flux multifunctional ultrafiltration membranes from photocatalytic titania composite precursors on multi-channel tubular substrates. RSCadvances 6 (63), 58813-58822.
- K.A Manjumol, M Jayasankar, K Vidya, AP Mohamed, BN Nair, A novel synthesis route for brookite rich titanium dioxide photocatalyst involving organic intermediate Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology 73 (1), 161-170.
- K. A Manjumol, L Mini, Peer Mohamed A. U. S Hareesh . K. G. K Warrier,. “A hybrid sol-gel approach for novel photoactive and hydrophobic titania coatings on aluminium metal surfaces”, RSC advances. 3 (2013)18062-18070
- K. A. Manjumol, P. Shajesh, K. V. Baiju and K. G. K. Warrier, “An ‘Eco-friendly’ all aqueous sol gel process for multifunctional ultrafiltration membrane on porous tubular alumina substrate”, Journal of Membrane Science. 375 (2011) 14–140.
- Venu Sreekala Smitha, Kochupurayil Appukuttannair Manjumol, Swapankumar Ghosh, Methalil Brahmakumar, Petchimuthu Perumal and Krishna Gopakumar Warrier,“Rhodamine 6G intercalated montmorillonite nanopigments-polyethylene composites: facile synthesis and UV stability study” Journal of American Ceramic Society. 94 (2011) 1731-1736.
- K. V. Baiju, P. Periyat, P. Shajesh, W. Wunderlich, K. A. Manjumol, V. S. Smitha, K. B. Jaimy, K. G. K. Warrier, “Mesoporous gadolinium doped titania photocatalyst through an aqueous sol- gel method”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 505 (2010) 194-200.
- V. S. Smitha, K. A. Manjumol, K. V. Baiju, Swapankumar Ghosh, P. Perumal and K. G. K. Warrier, “Sol-gel route to Synthesize titania silica nano precursors for photoactive particulates and coatings”, Journal of Sol-gel science and Technology. 54 (2010) 203-211.
- K. A. Manjumol, V. S. Smitha, P. Shajesh, K. V. Baiju and K. G. K. Warrier, “Synthesis of Lanthanum oxide doped photocatalytic nano titanium oxide through aqueous sol-gel method for titania multifunctional ultra filtration membrane”, Journal of Sol-gel science and Technology . 53 (2010) 353-358.
- Swamikannau Ravichandran, Gopalan Swaminathan, Ceramic Technological Institute, Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited and Krishna Gopakumar Warrier, Kochupurayil Appukuttannair Manjumol & Kizhakkekilikkoodayil Vijayan Baiju, Materials and Minerals Division, National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Industrial Estate, Trivandrum 695019, “Process and system for coating ultra porous membrane layers on microporous support tube”, File No: 679/kol/2010 dated 24/6/2010.
Papers Presented In International Conferences
- Oral Presentation entitled “Development of Titania based Multifunctional Ultrafiltration Membranes” K. A. Manjumol, U. S. Hareesh and K. G. K. Warrier presented in the“International conference on Membranes 2013, 5- 8th October 2013.
- Poster entitled “Hydrophobic and photoactive nano titanium dioxide coatings on aluminium metal for self-cleaning applications” K. A. Manjumol et al. presented in the “Nano India 2013, 19-20th February 2013.
- Poster entitled “Development of Titania and Titania -Alumina multifunctional ceramic membrane for ultrafiltration” K. A. Manjumol et al. presented in the “76th Annual Session of The Indian Ceramic Society (ICS), 18-19th January 2013, has won ‘Best Poster Award’.
- Poster entitled “Functionalized Titanium dioxide Nano Coatings on Aluminium Metal for Self-cleaning Applications”, K. A. Manjumol, L. Mini and K. G. K. Warrier, presented in the ‘International conference on Advanced oxidation process (AOP) 5- 8th October 2012’.
- Oral Presentation entitled “Multifunctional Tio2-Al2o3 Composite Membrane On Porous Tubular Substrate For Ultrafiltration”, K. A. Manjumol, K. Divish and K. G. K.Warrier, Presented in the ‘Platinum Jubilee Session of The Indian Ceramic Society ICS), 20th -22nd December 2011
- Poster entitled “Rare Earth Doped Photoactive Nano Titanium Dioxide Membrane For Ultrafiltration ”, K. A. Manjumol, V. S. Smitha, K. B. Jaimy and K. G. K. Warrier, presented in the ‘National Conference on Science, Technology, and Applications of Rare Earths 2011, Munnar during August 19-20, 2011 (STAR 2011).
- Poster entitled “Preparation of High-Temperature Stable Photoactive Nano Brookite Titania Membrane Through Sol-gel Route for Filtration Applications”, K. A. Manjumol, Sankar and K. G. K. Warrier, Presented in the ‘74th Annual Session of The Indian Ceramic Society (ICS), 11-13th January 2010.
- Poster entitled “Preparation of Lanthanum doped photocatalytic nano titania through aqueous sol-gel method for multifunctional ultrafiltration membranes”, K. A. Manjumol, K. V. Baiju, P. Shajesh, K. G. K. Warrier, presented in the ‘International Conference On Advanced Functional Materials’ held at NIIST, Trivandrum during December 9-10, 2009.
- Poster entitled “Sol-gel coating on porous alumina substrates for ceramic membrane applications”, K. A. Manjumol, K. V. Baiju, S. Sankar, K. G. K. Warrier, W. Wunderlich, presented in the ‘International Conference On Sol-gel Process for Advanced ceramics’ held at IGCAR, Kalpakkam during October 11-14, 2009.
- Poster entitled “Silica-titania nano precursors for photoactive particulates and coatings”, V. S. Smitha, K. A. Manjumol, K. V. Baiju, P. Krishnapillai, P. Perumal and K. G. K. Warrier, presented in the Annual Conference of ‘The Indian Ceramic Society’ held at Jaipur during January 30-31, 2009.
- Poster entitled “Effect of Tantalum Addition on Anatase Phase Stability and Photo activity of Aqueous Sol-gel Derived Mesoporous Titania”, K. A. Manjumol, K. V. Baiju, P. Krishnapillai and K. G. K. Warrier presented in the Annual Conference of ‘ The Indian Ceramic Society’ held at CPRI, Bangalore during Jan 10-11, 2008.
- Poster entitled “Synthesis of light stable natural hybrid nano pigment for polymer composites”, V. S. Smitha, K. A. Manjumol, M. Brahmakumar, P. Krishnapillai, P. Pavitran, and K. G. K. Warrier, presented in the International Conference on ‘Advanced Materials and Composites’ held at NIIST Trivandrum during Oct 24-26, 2007.