Dr. P. K. Rethikala
Pin: 688563, Kerala, India.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE : Guest Lecturer, PG and Research Department of Chemistry, Santana Dharma College Alappuzha, August 2016 to date.
- M.Sc project at the Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, Indian Institute Of Science, Bangalore, from February -June 2007, under the supervision of Prof. S Umapathy , in the field of computational chemistry and the thesis was entitled as ‘Computational studies of Vibrational Circular Dichroism of Chiral Molecules’
- M.Phil project at the School of Chemical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, 2007-2008,under the supervision of Dr. I. Ibnusaud, in the field of Organic synthesis and the thesis was entitled as ‘Synthesis of chiral calixarenes based on(2S,3S)-tetrahydro -3-hydroxy-5-oxo-2,3-furandicarboxylicacid’
- Scientific Assistant at SreeChitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum August 2009-February2010-Experienced in synthesis and characterization of various biodegradable polymers used for biomedical applications
- PhD work at Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum under the guidance of Dr.V Kalliyana Krishnanand the thesis title is ‘Novel antimicrobial and growth factor releasing hydrogel system for burn wound management.
Venkiteswara Kalliyana Krishnan, Lissy Kalliyana Krishnan, Rethikala Pandikkappallil Kumaran; An Antimicrobial Wound Dressing. Indian Patent Application No. 201641026539 Dated 3.8.2016 (Published)
1. P K Rethikala and Krishnan.V Kalliyana ‘Photo-polymerizedpoly (2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate) / PCL / PEGsystem as a potential wound dressing material’ Journal ofbioactive and compatible polymers 2015, 30(1) , 74-86
2. Rethikala P Kand V.Kalliyanakrishnan. ‘In-Vitro Release Study And Antimicrobial PropertyEvaluation Of Ofloxacin Loaded Poly (2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate) / Poly (Caprolactone) /Poly (EthyleneGlycol) Hydrogel System For Burn Wound Management’ Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics 2017, 7(1) , 13-20
3. Rethikala P Kand V.Kalliyanakrishnan. ‘Studies on Development of Novel Polymer Scaffolds for Skin Tissue Engineering Application’ National seminar on Polymers in Medicine and Biology, at Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, January 2011
4. Rethikala P. K. and V. Kalliyanakrishnan. ‘Fabrication and Characterization of Photocrosslinkable Poly (2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate) Based Hydrogels For Wound Dressing Applications’International ConferenceFAPS-MACRO, at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, May 2013