Dr. T. Sunilkumar
Dr.T. Sunilkumar joined in this institution in 1996. Before that he was a Lecturer at Kerala University BEd centre , Aryad , Alappuzha. (Five years).
Along with teaching he is actively engaged in research in the fields of Environmental science, Angiosperm taxonomy and Ethnobotany. (For guiding students projects and for own projects). He is the first scientist who studied the chloroplast rbcl of Clerodendrum inortunatum , and got acceptance from Gen- Bank. He published so many national and international publications in various journals. He wrote so many popular articles on different subjects also.
Besides teaching and research Dr. Sunilkumar is interested and engaged in various co-curricular activities. He is a trainer of Educational Motivation and personality development for college students and higher secondary students.
He is a writer in Mathrubhoomi Vidya page (educational articles) and Balabhoomi (poems). He is a contributor of articles in Science Voyager published by CMI Changanacherry.
Dr. Sunilkumar, is an approved artist Of Kadhaprasangam in A.I.R Thiruvanathapuram in the name Dr. Sunilkumar, Muhamma. Frequently he delivers Environmental talks through different radio stations.
He has given music and wrote lyrics for various devotional and romantic albums also.
1) The Magical Relief of Vitex negundo L. Practiced by Ulladan Tribes in Alappuzha district of Kerala State J. Econ. Taxon. Bot. 54 (4)-pp 940-942. 2011
2) Some Medicinal Plants of Verbenaceae used by Traditional Medical Practitioners of, Alappuzha District, Kerala State. IndiaJ. Econ. Taxon. Bot 36 (2): -pp 393-396, 2012.
3) Some Medicinal Plants of Verbenaceae used by Traditional Medical Practitioners of, Alappuzha District, Kerala State. India J. Econ. Taxon. Bot 36 (2): -pp 393-396, 2012.
4) Verbena bonariensis L. (Verbenaceae)- An addition to Flora of Kerala Research Lines 4(2)pp1221242011
5) Ethnobotanical investigation among the UlladaTribes of Alappuzha District in Kerala State, India. J. Econ. Taxon. Bot.. Vol.35(3)-pp449454. 2011
6) Lippia alba (Mill.) N. E. Br (Verbenaceae) – An addition to Flowering Plants of Kerala. An addition to Flowering Plants of Kerala. Ind. J. Forestry .35 (1)- pp105- 106. 2012
7) Clerodendrum cordatum D. Don (Verbenaceae) – An addition to flowering plants of Kerala. . J. Econ. Taxon. Bot. 36 No.( I .)- pp 46-49. 2012
8) Some Sacred Plants Used by Namboodiri Brahmins for Worship and Medicine Research Lines ., – Vol. IV, No. I-B pp 19-25. 2011
9) Premna Scandens Roxb. (Verbenaceae) – A New Distribution Record For South IndiaJ. Econ. Taxon. Bot. Vol.37.No. .PP 50-52. (2013)
10) Medicinal food to relieve after effect of snake bite problems, by Malapanicker in Kerala state,IndiaJ. Econ. Taxon. Bot. Vol. . Vol. 37 No.3. (2013)
11)Critical notes on Premna coriacea var. villosa (C.B. Clarke) A. Rajendran & P. Daniel (Verbenaceae) after a lapse of 140 years from KeralaJ. Econ. Taxon. Bot. Volume 37 # 1 (2013) Page No.50 to 52
12)Study on ethnobotanical uses of some selected plants by malampandarams residing at sabarimala forest kerala J. Econ. Taxon. Bot. vol 38 # 3-4 (2015) Page No 622-633
13) A new species of the genus Premna L. (Lamiaceae) from Western Ghats of India. – — Webbia(Taylor and Francis Group) – Journal of Plant Taxonomy and Geography . Vol 68. No-2. Pages 127-131 2,5
14) In vitro regeneration of Lippia alba (mill.) N.E. Br. An ethno botanically useful plant” International Journal of Bioassays, 3(07), 3119-3121. 2014,
15) lc-ms analysis of rind and pulp of citrus limon (l.) burm. f. fruits ” International Journal of Bioassays, 3(12), 3594—3597. 2014,
1. Degradation of Herb –Biodiversity in Kerala by National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme. Biofest. Sree Narayana College ,Punalur Kollam , Kerala. P-51
2. Magical relief by some members of Verbenaceae family used by Ullada Tribes of Kerala State . Absrtact Published in the proceedings of XX Annual conference of Indian Association for Angiosperm Taxonomy (IAAT)-. pp182-183
3) “ Restricted distribution of Certain Plants of Verbenaceae in Southern Western Ghats of India FullText in International conference “Grespac Rajive Gandhi Chair In Contemporary Studies : 2010 -pp 66-68.
4) Degradation of Herb –Biodiversity in Kerala by National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme. Biofest. Sree Narayana College ,Punalur Kollam , Kerala. P-51
5) Magical relief by some members of Verbenaceae family used by Ullada Tribes of Kerala State Coimbatore. 2012
Popular Publications (Magazines, news Papers etc)
1) Lichenu …oru like.- Popular Malayalam news paper Mathrubhoom’s Vidya page-(educational page) 2013
2) Karinochi mahaalmyam- Popular Malayalam news paper Mathrubhoom’s Vidya page-(educational page 2014
3) My dear Payar – Popular Malayalam news paper Mathrubhoom’s Vidya page-(educational page) 2014
4) Visham oushadhamaakumbol- Popular Malayalam news paper Mathrubhoom’s Vidya page-(educational page-2015)
5) Magical pillows – Science voyager 2015